On November 11th, 1911, Adolfo Gustavo Krummenauer, who used to work at the tannery then called Cortume Heinz, bought the company from its former owner, Mr. Pedro Heinz, registering it with his own name. In 1943, with the entry of new partners, his sons Benno and Egon and his son-in-law, Osvino Hoff, the name of the company was changed into Adolfo Krumenauer and Sons. Years later the company would enter a partnership with JH Santos and would be rebaptized under the name Santos and Krumenauer Ltd. Co.
In 1948, joined the company Hugo, another of Adolfo's sons, and in April 1968, the tannery became a closed capital corporation. A strong connection with the town of Portão and the shoe making field of Vale do Rio dos Sinos made the company one of the most traditional suppliers of leather in the region. Under the management of the Krummenauer family, the company has always invested in technology, qualification
skills of its employees and preservation of the environment, while maintaining the basic principle of concern for the quality of its products and services, specializing in vegetable tanned leathers. Cortume Krumenauer S/A is a century-old company, which has had four generations of management boards, and has been internationally acknowledged.